Thursday, March 29, 2012


Wajood's Objectives:

* To build a safe space for LGBT's to network, involve and associate with each other.

* To create a safe platform wherein LGBT's are given opportunity to express themselves in form of artistic skills without any inhibitions and fear.

* To network and foster healthy relationship with other CBO's, NGO's, Support Groups, Individuals etc. through events wherein help is exchanged in mutual understanding.

* To represent Hyderabad LGBT Community by being its assertive & firm defendant when its existence, prominence & identity is either challenged, misinterpreted, misrepresented, or condemned etc.

* When in crisis, to support LGBT's by intervening through appropriate channels.

Board Members:

Board Members are the people who conceptualized the formation of Wajood, have assumed the responsibility of its registration as a trust and functioning as an organization. Following are the details of the board members and their roles.

- Sanjay Das – Head (Technology, Data Management and Communication)
- Jayati Mathur – Head (Event Management and Marketing)
- Mahesh Kumar – Head (Logistics and Support)
- Rajib Das – Head (Finance, Tax and Accounting)
- Vishal Jaiswal – Head (General Administration, Public Relations and Communications)

Incase of any queries, please feel free to reach out on - wajood.lgbt@gmail.com

You may also join our google group by clicking on this link -

http://groups.google.com/group/wajoodforweexist?hl=en

or find us at blogspot -

http://wajoodlgbt.blogspot.in/


Warm Regards,
Wajood Team.

7 comments:

  1. I am infuriated at the scenes in the movie 'lakshmi raha ma intiki' they have harrased the homosexual couple in the movie and were made fun of..a public apology is implied and scenes should be removed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post.
    Thanks for sharing such a nice information.
    Wedding Planners In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also used to think that these people dont get there rights n all.. but after todays incidence i can literally see why we should not pity on them. 2 of the lgbt guys came up to my husband n surrounded him..started haunting him asking for money. When my husband took out his wallet to give some money, those morons snatched the wallet from him. Wallet had about more than 1000 dollars(US currency) which is nearly more than rs.70,000. My husband begged these guys to give it back and take as much money as they want but they ran away in an Autorikshaw.
    So i believe there is no need to have pity on people of this community. Incidence like these fades away the belief we have on humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay firstly, there are bad people in every community. Irrespective of race, religion, caste and sex, there are bad people. Just because a heterosexual man is a theif, we dont label all men as theives right? Exactly. So just because of two bad people, you cant blame or accuse an entire community. Secondly, there is a reason why people from the lgbtq community sometimes are caught in such incidents. Transgenders and intersex people arent given jobs anywhere. I'm not saying that justifies it. Stealing is against morals and wrong. But so many transgenders are forced to beg on the streets because government and private offices dont give them jobs. Now, there is a slight difference but still the community is very opressed. so please consider all this before taking a decision. thank you.

      Delete
  4. I say let's abridge as one
    Say I, Let's build a healthy environment
    ignorance are refused prejudice are denied
    Feast will be made, upon old rules it will be dined
    New conceptions will be created, a new dawn will be forged.
    As one! as one!. Let's welcome its arrival t.r

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have good articles here! If anyone here is looking for a loan @ 2% rate in return to buy a home or other financing needs, I want you to contact Mr Pedro On pedroloanss@gmail.com When I was introduced to Mr. Pedro at the market watch seminar, I was entering the market as a first time buyer. Naturally,my needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions. Before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts. He was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward. I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process of Mr Pedro loan offer. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories. I recommend him to anyone looking for a loan. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely

    ReplyDelete